Bake-A-Book Contest 2017
All Students in Grades 6-12
Create an edible depiction of a favorite book to enter our Bake-A-Book Contest for a chance to win prizes, including a Kindle Fire! Register to enter...
►Middle School Registration ►High School Registration
Official Rules & Information
Who May Enter
Open to all students in grades 6–12. Students may enter as individuals only.
How to Enter
Register using links above; registration closes April 14, 2017. Judging will be held April 22nd in the Parma-Snow Branch Auditorium.
Prizes will be awarded based on a combined score of design and connection with the literacy theme/book.
There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall prizes for students in grades 6–8 and grades 9–12.
- 1st PLACE PRIZES
Kindle Fire 7" Tablet and CCPL t-shirt
- 2nd PLACE PRIZES
CCPL t-shirt, $15 Barnes & Noble Gift Card, and more
- 3rd PLACE PRIZES
CCPL t-shirt, $10 Barnes & Noble Gifts Card, and more
- Each food creation must depict a fiction or nonfiction literary work available at your school or a public library.
- Each food creation must be at least 95% edible (edible means made of food or foodstuffs) and can be no larger than 15"x15" (no height restriction, however).
- The creation will be without refrigeration while on display that Saturday so it must not be made of extremely perishable ingredients.
- A list of ingredients must accompany each creation. Please refrain from using copyrighted material, including edible images.
- Complete and submit a Model Release Form along with your cake.
By entering this contest, the creator of the Bake-A-Book entry is giving the Cuyahoga County Public Library and our contest partners permission to photograph and publish information on the edible creation and its creator on the school/library’s web site, in school/library publications (such as newsletters and websites), and other community publications of the school/library’s choosing (such as local newspapers and promotional materials by co-sponsoring organizations).
All entries will be displayed and judged at the “Bake-A-Book” event held in the Parma-Snow Branch Auditorium on Saturday, April 22, 2017. The Bake-A-Book creation must be delivered to that branch between 9:30 – 11:30 AM that Saturday. Participants are responsible for transporting their creations to the branch for display and judging. Judging will take place between 11:30 AM-1:00 PM on April 22; the Awards Ceremony is scheduled for 2:00 PM. All cakes must be removed from the auditorium by 4:00 PM that day.
Contestants will be judged on four categories:
•Overall Appearance • Connection to Literacy • Creativity in Design •Adherence to Guidelines
Learn more about contest judging categories.
- Anna Weisand of The Grand Finale bakery will judge entries on Overall Appearance
- CCPL librarian Andy Karp will judge entries based on Connection to Literacy
- Heinen's grocery store bakery manager Pam Murrin will judge entries on Creativity in Design
- Kay Vincent from Mayfield Excel TECC will judge entries for Adherence to Guidelines
The Bake-A-Book contest is presented in partnership with...