Tax season for 2015 income is now concluded. The filing deadline was April 18, 2016.
Tax Forms | Library & Taxes | Phone Help | Tax Preparation Help | Other Tax Services
PLEASE NOTE: The IRS has reduced the amount of printed tax forms and publications available to public libraries nationwide. As a result, we have a limited amount of printed tax materials available in our branches for our customers. Library staff can assist you in locating tax materials. We cannot, however, provide you with tax advice.
Federal Tax Forms
FREE OPTIONS to obtain tax products, tax preparation, and help with filing tax returns include:
Links below access online tax forms:
- Featured IRS Forms and Publications – most commonly used forms, such as Form 1040 (and EZ) & instructions, Schedule A
- All Forms and Publications
- Tax information for individuals for Federal tax information such as...
- News, forms, FAQs, contacts
- Tax incentives, credits (like EITC), deductions
- Protect your identity, withholding calculator
- Refunds, payments, extensions
The IRS does not automatically send out paper tax forms. Choices include...
• Free File (and Fillable Forms)
• e-file options (Commercial Software)
• authorized e-file providers
Check out the FREE mobile app at IRS2Go
Filing online? Check out these reviews of the leading online tax services. (updated 12/18/15)
OHIO Department of Taxation
• Forms (includes popular forms, and Search Box (Click on the Search button for browsable list)
• To order forms by phone (24/7) call 1-800-282-1782
RITA (Regional) Taxes
Select Individual from Tax Information column then find the form you need under Individual Forms+Instructions (ex.-Form 37).
You can now eFile or Download Parma 1040 and download Direction Guide
from the Central Collection Agency: CCA Tax Forms page (Print Only and Interactive formats)
More Tax Forms
— OTHER STATES — ALL OHIO CITIES
TAXES and OUR LIBRARY
Below are the forms that should be available at your local branch (the Library has no control over when IRS delivers forms). Please call your local branch to check availability of IRS-delivered tax forms; replacements are not always sent by IRS when the forms run out. Links are included for forms accessible online.
- 1040EZ Form
- 1040A Form
, the Tax Guide 2015 for Individuals (pdf - 288 pages)
•One reference copy
will be available at each branch (not available from the Library in print
Taxpayers can access Publication 17
in English and Spanish online.
Also be available as an e-Pub for downloading from IRS.gov and viewing on most e-Readers and other mobile devices.
- Publication 4604 (English+Spanish), How to Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
For your convenience, the following forms are being prepared by the Library
as a service to the people in our communities. More extensive documents listed below will include a $1.00 fee
per item, as they are over 20 pages. NOTE: the nominal fee for tax documents of 20 pages or more helps cover a portion of the Library's printing costs.
Please call your local branch
to check availability of Library-prepared tax forms.
- Ohio (IT) Universal 1040 (new, consolidated form issued by the state replacing the 1040, 1040EZ and 1040X) – free
- This new all-inclusive Ohio 1040 Universal form includes all of the following:
- Schedule A (Income Adjustments)
- 2015 Ohio Schedule of Credits
- Schedule J (Dependents Claimed)
- Income Tax Payment Voucher for Amended Returns
- 2015 Ohio IT RE – Reasons & Explanation of Corrections
- Ohio Universal 1040 Instructions – $1.00 fee (60 pages)
- IRS forms
- 1040 – free
- 1040 Instructions – $1.00 fee (105 pages)
- 1040EZ – free
- 1040EZ Instructions – $1.00 fee (44 pages)
- 1040A – free
- 1040A Instructions – $1.00 fee (88 pages)
- 1040 Schedules
- 1040 Schedule A and Instructions - free (itemized deductions)
- 1040 Schedule B and Instructions - free (instructions on page 2 of the form for interest & dividends )
- 1040 Schedule C and Instructions - free (Profit or Loss from Buisness)
- 1040 Schedule D and Instructions - free (Capital Gains & Losses)
- 1040 Schedule SE and Instructions - free (Self-Employment Tax)
- IRS Publications
- Publication 501 (Exemptions, Standard Deducitons & Filing Info) – $1.00 fee (30 pages)
- Publication 529 (Miscellaneous Deductions) – $1.00 fee (22 pages)
- Publication 596 (Earned Income Credit) – $1.00 fee (37 pages)
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers – especially 60+up. Set up appointment (required) at branch during regular library hours
. Don't delay as slots fill quickly.
Bay Village Branch
Fridays, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Fairview Park Branch
Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
North Olmsted Branch
Mondays, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Tax Preparation Assistance
Free Tax-prep Clinics
Income under $54,000 in 2015? Walk-in clinics and appointments. See 211 website
for details on necessary documentation. Check back next year.
IRS Telephone Assistance
Best times to call =
8:00 a.m. and
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Recorded tax & refund info: 1.800.829.4477
(Refund status and automated topics)
Tax information & notices: 1.800.829.1040
(Making Work Pay tax credits+new tax legislation, refunds: press "0" to talk to person)
Tax information & notices (business): 1.800.829.4933
Taxpayer Advocate Helpline: 1.877.777.4778
Service of IRS for unresolved tax problems or hardships
Forms & Publication Orders: 1.800.829.3676
Request print forms or form downloads
TDD Equipment: 1.800.829.4059
Federal Tax Preparation Assistance
IRS Free Tax Return Preparation by Volunteers
for all, TCE
: $54,000/year or less income, elderly or disabled or have limited English.
IRS free tax help locator
e-file with FREE FILE
If your income is $62,000 or less, one option is to use Free Filesoftware for free tax preparation and free e-filing.
Ohio Benefit Bank - 2016
File Your Taxes for Free and Keep Your Whole Refund!
The Ohio Benefit Bank (OBB) is an Internet service that is available for Ohioans who are in need of help. Please note that if you are married and filing a joint return with your spouse, you must have an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $95,000 or less to use our online service. If you are not married or not filing jointly with your spouse, you must have an AGI of $65,000 or less to use our online service. File state and federal taxes for free with The Benefit Bank and receive refunds in 14 days or less. You can file online with no fees or other charges. Go to the OBB website for a self-serve filing program or to find a local site. The OBB project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition- 2016
Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit?
The Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition is a local group that is funded by the Cuyahoga County Commissioners that does free income tax preparation for anyone who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a refundable tax credit available to working adults. The Earned Income Tax Credit is available to people who worked but earned less than $62,000 (that's for a couple filing jointly with three kids) in 2015. Sponsoring free tax-prep clinics at Baldwin Wallace and Notre Dame, as listed above. The coalition also offers a File for Free Online option.