Tax season for 2016 income will start January 23, 2017. The filing deadline will be April 18, 2017.
The IRS has launched a "Get Ready" campaign to educate you about steps you can take now regarding changes that could affect your ability to timely file your tax return and get your refund as quickly as possible. Learn more about Get Ready
Tax Forms | Library & Taxes | Phone Help | Tax Preparation Help | Other Tax Services
PLEASE NOTE: The IRS has reduced the amount of printed tax forms and publications available to public libraries nationwide. The State of Ohio has eliminated all print tax forms. As a result, a limited amount of printed tax materials will be available in our branches for our customers later in 2017. Library staff can assist you in locating tax materials. We cannot, however, provide you with tax advice.
Federal Tax Forms
FREE OPTIONS to obtain tax products, tax preparation, and help with filing tax returns include:
Links below access online tax forms:
- Featured IRS Forms and Publications – most commonly used forms, such as Form 1040 (and EZ) & instructions, Schedule A
- All Forms and Publications
- Tax Topics
- Tax information for individuals for Federal tax information such as...
- News, forms, FAQs, contacts
- Tax incentives, credits (like EITC), deductions
- Protect your identity, withholding calculator
- Refunds, payments, extensions
The IRS does not automatically send out paper tax forms. Choices include...
• Free File (and Fillable Forms)
• e-file options (Commercial Software)
• authorized e-file providers
Check out the FREE mobile app at IRS2Go
Filing online? Check out these reviews of the leading online tax services. (updated 12/18/15)
- Forms (includes popular forms, and Search Box (Click on the Search button for browsable list)
- To order forms by phone (24/7) call 1-800-282-1782 (available the 3rd week of January 2017)
Select Individual from Tax Information column then find the form you need under Individual Forms+Instructions (ex.-Form 37).
eFile or Download Parma 1040 and download Direction Guide
from the Central Collection Agency: CCA Tax Forms page (Print Only and Interactive formats)
More Tax Forms
— OTHER STATES — ALL OHIO CITIES
TAXES and OUR LIBRARY
Below are the forms that will be available at your local branch (the Library has no control over when IRS delivers forms). Please call your local branch to check availability of IRS-delivered tax forms; replacements are not always sent by IRS when the forms run out. Links are included for forms accessible online.
- 1040EZ Form
- 1040A Form
, the Tax Guide 2016 for Individuals (pdf - 293 pages)
•One reference copy
will be available at each branch (not available from the Library in print
Taxpayers can access Publication 17
in English and Spanish online.
Also be available as an e-Pub for downloading from IRS.gov and viewing on most e-Readers and other mobile devices.
- Publication 4604 (English+Spanish), How to Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
For your convenience, the following forms will be prepared by the Library
as a service to the people in our communities. More extensive documents listed below will include a $1.00 fee
per item, as they are over 20 pages. NOTE: the nominal fee for tax documents of 20 pages or more helps cover a portion of the Library's printing costs.
Please call your local branch
to check availability of Library-prepared tax forms in 2017.
- Ohio 1040 (TBD - 1040, 1040EZ and 1040X) – free
- 2016 Ohio IT RE – Reasons & Explanation of Corrections
- Income Tax Payment Voucher for Amended Returns
- Schedule J (Dependents Claimed)
- 2016 Ohio Schedule of Credits
- Schedule A (Income Adjustments)
- Ohio 1040 Instructions – $1.00 fee (60 pages)
- IRS forms
- 1040 – free
- 1040 Instructions – $1.00 fee (105 pages)
- 1040EZ – free
- 1040EZ Instructions – $1.00 fee (44 pages)
- 1040A – free
- 1040A Instructions – $1.00 fee (88 pages)
- 1040 Schedules
- 1040 Schedule A and Instructions - free (itemized deductions)
- 1040 Schedule B and Instructions - free (instructions on page 2 of the form for interest & dividends )
- 1040 Schedule C and Instructions - free (Profit or Loss from Buisness)
- 1040 Schedule D and Instructions - free (Capital Gains & Losses)
- 1040 Schedule SE and Instructions - free (Self-Employment Tax)
- IRS Publications
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers – especially 60+up. Set up appointment (required) at branch during regular library hours
. Check back later for more locations.
North Royalton Branch
By appointment starting February — Call North Royalton Senior Center at 440-582-6333 to schedule appointment
Tax Preparation Assistance
Free Tax-prep Clinics
Walk-in clinics and appointments. See 211 website
for details on necessary documentation. Check back next year.
IRS Telephone Assistance
Best times to call =
8:00 a.m. and
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Tax information & notices: 1.800.829.1040
(Making Work Pay tax credits+new tax legislation, refunds: press "0" to talk to person)
Tax information & notices (business): 1.800.829.4933
Taxpayer Advocate Helpline: 1.877.777.4778
Service of IRS for unresolved tax problems or hardships
Forms & Publication Orders: 1.800.829.3676
Request print forms or form downloads
TDD Equipment: 1.800.829.4059
Federal Tax Preparation Assistance
IRS Free Tax Return Preparation by Volunteers
for all, TCE
: $54,000/year or less income, elderly or disabled or have limited English.
IRS free tax help locator
e-file with FREE FILE
If your income is $62,000 or less, one option is to use Free Filesoftware for free tax preparation and free e-filing.
Ohio Benefit Bank - check back for 2017 updates
File Your Taxes for Free and Keep Your Whole Refund! Check back later
The Ohio Benefit Bank (OBB) is an Internet service that is available for Ohioans who are in need of help. Please note that if you are married and filing a joint return with your spouse, you must have an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $95,000 or less to use our online service. If you are not married or not filing jointly with your spouse, you must have an AGI of $65,000 or less to use our online service. File state and federal taxes for free with The Benefit Bank and receive refunds in 14 days or less. You can file online with no fees or other charges. Go to the OBB website for a self-serve filing program or to find a local site. The OBB project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition
Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit for income earned in 2016?
The Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition is a local group that is funded by the Cuyahoga County Commissioners that does free income tax preparation for anyone who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a refundable tax credit available to working adults. The Earned Income Tax Credit is available to people who worked but earned less than $50,198 (that's for a couple filing jointly with three kids) in 2016. Sponsoring free tax-prep clinics at Tri-C west, Parma. The coalition also offers a File for Free Online option. Note: A new law holds refunds that claim the EITC until February 15, 2017 and the caution that due to weekends and holidays, actual access to refund where EITC is involved may be delayed until the week of February 27, 2017.