The filing deadline for this year's tax season for 2016 income is April 18, 2017.
Tax Forms | Library & Taxes | Phone Help | Tax Preparation Help | Other Tax Services
PLEASE NOTE: The IRS has reduced the amount of printed tax forms and publications available to public libraries nationwide. The State of Ohio has eliminated all print tax forms. As a result, a limited amount of printed tax materials will be available in our branches for our customers. Library staff can assist you in locating tax materials. We cannot, however, provide you with tax advice.
Federal Tax Forms
FREE OPTIONS to obtain tax products, tax preparation, and help with filing tax returns include:
Links below access online tax forms:
- Featured IRS Forms and Publications – most commonly used forms, such as Form 1040 (and EZ) & instructions, Schedule A
- All Forms and Publications
- Tax Topics
- Tax information for individuals for Federal tax information such as...
- News, forms, FAQs, contacts
- Tax incentives, credits (like EITC), deductions
- Protect your identity, withholding calculator
- Refunds, payments, extensions
The IRS does not automatically send out paper tax forms. Choices include...
• Free File (and Fillable Forms)
• e-file options (Commercial Software)
• authorized e-file providers
Check out the FREE mobile app at IRS2Go
Filing online? Check out these reviews of the leading online tax services. (updated 12/18/15)
- Forms (includes popular forms, and Search Box (Click on the Search button for browsable list)
- To order forms by phone (24/7) call 1-800-282-1782 (available the 3rd week of January 2017)
Select Individual from Tax Information column then find the form you need under Individual Forms+Instructions (ex.-Form 37).
eFile or Download Parma 1040 and download Direction Guide
from the Central Collection Agency: CCA Tax Forms page (Print Only and Interactive formats)
More Tax Forms
— OTHER STATES — ALL OHIO CITIES
TAXES and OUR LIBRARY
Below are the forms that should be available now at your local branch. Please call your local branch to check availability of IRS-delivered tax forms; replacements are not always sent by IRS when the forms run out. Links are included for forms accessible online.
For your convenience, the following forms were prepared by the Library
as a service to the people in our communities. More extensive documents listed below will include a $1.00
per item if they are over 20 pages. NOTE: the nominal for tax documents of 20+ pages helps cover a portion of the Library's printing costs.
Please call your local branch
to check availability of Library-prepared tax forms:
- Ohio Tax Forms
- 2016 IT Form1040 – free
- 2016 Ohio IT RE – Reasons & Explanation of Corrections– free
- 40P - Income Tax Payment Voucher for Amended Returns– free
- 40XP - Income Tax Payment Voucher for Amended Returns– free
- Schedule J (Dependents Claimed)– free
- 2016 Ohio Schedule of Credits– free
- Schedule A (Income Adjustments)– free
- Ohio IT 1040 Instructions – $1.00
- IRS forms
- Form 1040 – free
- 1040 Instructions – $1.00
- 1040A and 1040A Instructions – free
- 1040EZ – free
- 1040EZ Instructions – $1.00
- Schedule A Itemized Deductions – free
- Schedule A Instructions – $1.00
- Schedule B with Instructions Interest & Ordinary Dividends– free
- Schedule C and Instructions Profit or Loss from Business – free
- Schedule D and Instructions Capital Gains and Losses – free
- Schedule SE and Instructions Self-Employment Tax – free
- Publication 501 Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing info– $1.00
- Publication 529 Misc. Deductions – $1.00
- Publication 596 Earned Income Credit – $1.00
- RITA Forms
- Tax Form 37 and Instructions - free
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers – especially 60+up. Set up appointment (required) at branch during regular library hours
. Sorry! All appointments have been filled.
Tax Preparation Assistance
Free Tax-prep Clinics
Walk-in clinics and appointments. See 211 website
for details on necessary documentation. Income limit for eligibility is
IRS Telephone Assistance
Best times to call =
8:00 a.m. and
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
Tax information & notices: 1.800.829.1040
(Making Work Pay tax credits+new tax legislation, refunds: press "0" to talk to person)
Tax information & notices (business): 1.800.829.4933
Taxpayer Advocate Helpline: 1.877.777.4778
Service of IRS for unresolved tax problems or hardships
Forms & Publication Orders: 1.800.829.3676
Request print forms or form downloads
TDD Equipment: 1.800.829.4059
Federal Tax Preparation Assistance
IRS Free Tax Return Preparation by Volunteers
for all, TCE
: $54,000/year or less income, elderly or disabled or have limited English.
IRS free tax help locator
e-file with FREE FILE
If your income is $62,000 or less, one option is to use Free Filesoftware for free tax preparation and free e-filing.
Ohio Benefit Bank
File Your Taxes for Free and Keep Your Whole Refund!
The Ohio Benefit Bank (OBB) is an Internet service that is available for Ohioans who are in need of help. Go to the OBB website for a self-serve filing program (first step is registering online) or to find a local site. The OBB project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. For further information, call the OBB hotline at 1-800-648-1176.
Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition
Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit for income earned in 2016?
The Cuyahoga Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition is a local group that is funded by the Cuyahoga County Commissioners that does free income tax preparation for anyone who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a refundable tax credit available to working adults. The Earned Income Tax Credit is available to people who worked but earned less than $53,930 (that's for a couple filing jointly with three kids) in 2016. Tax Prep Services through the coalition will be available at the West Shore Neighborhood Family Service Center, 9830 Lorain Ave. (5 to 8:30 PM Mondays +Wednesdays and 9 AM to 2:30 PM Saturdays) and at the Division of Senior and Adult Services, 13815 Kinsman Road (10 AM to 2 PM Fridays). The coalition also offers a File for Free Online option.
Note: A new law holds refunds that claim the EITC until February 15, 2017 and the caution that due to weekends and holidays, actual access to refund where EITC is involved may be delayed until the week of February 27, 2017.