Cuyahoga County Public Library and Cleveland Public Library cardholders can access free, unlimited high-speed internet from almost anywhere through our Wi-Fi hotspot lending program.
Portable hotspots allow library cardholders who do not have home internet access to easily get online from almost anywhere using a Wi-Fi-enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop. Hotspots are available to check out from select Cuyahoga County Public Library branches, just like a book or DVD.
No library card? No problem. Get one now
High-speed internet hotspots are available to borrow from these Cuyahoga County Public Library branches:
Garfield Heights Branch
Maple Heights Branch
Warrensville Heights Branch
REQUEST A HOTSPOT
- Hotspots can be returned to any Cuyahoga County Public Library branch.
- Hotspots can only be picked up at the Garfield Heights, Maple Heights, Southeast (Bedford) and Warrensville Heights branches.
- The loan period for hotspots is 21 days.
- The daily overdue fine for a hotspot is $0.10 per day.
- The replacement fees for lost or damaged hotspots are as follows:
- Hotspot Device — $25.00 each
- Hotspot Case — $10.00 each
- Power Cord — $10.00 each
- Hotspots that are greater than 10 days overdue will be disabled remotely.
- Hotspots are renewable if no one else is waiting for one.
- Up to 10 devices can be connected to a hotspot at the same time.
- Simple instructions and tech support contact information is included with each hotspot.
As many as 40% of the households in the Garfield Heights, Maple Heights, Bedford and Warrensville Heights branches do not have internet access in their homes. Access to the internet and digital literacy are critical to success in school, in seeking employment, in managing personal finances and in pursuit of health and wellness.
Tech support for our hotspot lending program is provided by PCs for People
and funded by The Cleveland Foundation
Need assistance with your hotspot? Please call PCs for People
Through electronic reuse PCs for People
provides the opportunity for all low-income individuals and nonprofits to benefit from the life changing impact of computers and mobile internet. Learn more at pcsforpeople.org
hotspot lending is supported by