We offer adult job seekers comprehensive career guidance and planning services. Our job and career services are free and available to adult job seekers ages 18 years and older.
If you wish to see services available for entrepreneurs and small business owners, click here.
Our professional career counselors will assess your interests, skills, personality traits, and values in electronic and/or paper format to help you find which careers suit you best. You must make an appointment with a career counselor if you wish to take a career assessment test.
Call 216.475.2225 to make an appointment to meet one-on-one with one of our professional career counselors. Career counseling and career coaching are available by appointment only. Learn the difference between career counseling and career coaching.
Find out which companies are hiring and learn more about companies where you may want to work. Our public library offers many newspapers, magazines and online resources for you to do your company research, trending hot jobs, and up-to-date information on job search strategies.
Job Search Skills
We can help you find the right tools for your job search, learn new skills to increase your marketability, and prepare you to ace the interview.
Job Search Tools
- Learn how to write effective resumes and cover letters.
- Discover the best websites and resources to use in your job hunt.
- Improve your interview skills through mock interview sessions. We can prepare you for every type of interview, including telephone and virtual screenings, panel interviews, and behavior-based interviews.
- Access free resources that can help you gain new skills for today's job market.
We offer the training and guidance you need to conduct a successful job search.
- Develop an action plan to launch successful job search strategies.
- Learn how to use social networking to your advantage.
- Connect with local job clubs and employment agencies.
- Discover books, resources, and websites that can help you achieve your employment goals.
Online Résumé Builders and Templates
Got Resume Builder
Note: If you just type in the website to use it, it will charge you to download it as Word document and print it. The Library-based link above lets you download your resume for free!
You can also take advantage of the online Resume Builder from Optimal Resume, where you can create and save Cover Letters and Resumes. Our Library also offers Optimal Resume, FREE to libary card holders, a résumé program which will aid you in producing a professional-looking résumé. Follow these simple steps to begin:
Step 1: Enter the access code cuyac into the blank line and click on continue
Step 2: Fill out your User Profile that will be the heading of your résumé.
Step 3: Follow the directions about choosing section headings to create a great résumé.
Call now to schedule an appointment
Please call 216.475.2225 to make a FREE appointment to meet virtually with one of our professional career counselors/coaches.
Our Library's ENCORE Entrepreneurs
workshops can help you realize your dreams of starting and growing a successful business, owning a franchise, or developing a new product.
Small business owners!
See the products and services available at little or no cost to you at any of the Library's Innovation Centers.
Another way our Library can help with your job and career.